At Silverline Exteriors, we know that choosing the right siding for your home is a decision not to be taken lightly. The market is flooded with an array of options, from traditional vinyl siding to more durable and aesthetically pleasing options like Hardie Plank. In the wave of this growing popularity, we’ve decided to compile everything you need to know about Hardie Plank and why it might just be the perfect siding solution for your home.
What is Hardie Plank?
Hardie Plank, or as some may know it, fiber cement siding, is an innovative product from the renowned manufacturer, James Hardie. Hardie siding has been turning heads in the siding industry, and for a good reason.
“Crafted with the strength of cement, the texture of wood, and an impressive resistance to the elements, James Hardie plank siding brings together the best of both worlds.”
It’s manufactured by combining cellulose fibers with cement-like components, resulting in a siding material that stands the test of time and weather. It doesn’t stop there. The durability of Hardie Plank is complemented by its design versatility. Whether you have a modern architectural gem or a charming heritage home, there’s a Hardie Plank product that matches your style.
Here are some key features that make Hardie Plank stand out:
- Durability: Hardie Plank offers superior resistance against warping, cracking, and rotting. It can withstand diverse climate conditions, including the salty air of coastal regions, the intense sun of hot climates, and the freezing temperatures of cold areas.
- Fire Resistance: Unlike vinyl and wood siding, Hardie Plank is non-combustible. It will not contribute to a fire, giving you an additional layer of security.
- Pest Resistance: Termites and other pests are a common issue with wood siding. But with Hardie Plank, these uninvited guests are not a problem.
In the next section, we’ll delve into the different sizes and colors of Hardie Plank, a game-changer for homeowners who won’t settle for less in their home exterior decisions. Stay tuned!
Sizes and Colors of Hardie Plank
Hardie plank exposure comes in 8-1/4” in plank size, and 12 fee in length. With 1-1/4” overlap between planks, this gives a visual exposure of 7” reveal on your home.
Hardie plank also come in 2 texture finishes: hardie plank cedarmill or haride plank smooth. The cedarmill texture is the most popular choice, as it mimic the look of a natural cedar.
When it comes to customization, hardie plank color plus offers a variety of standard colors that cater to every homeowner’s personal style and design needs. You can play around with different options until you find the perfect match for your home exterior. To find out the available colors, check out our guide on Hardie Board here. We also compiled some of the most popular colour trend for exterior.
“Choose from a wide palette of colors that James Hardie has thoughtfully curated for Hardie Plank. From warm, inviting hues like chestnut brown and countrylane red to cool, chic shades like evening blue and iron grey, the spectrum is rich and diverse.”
Keep in mind that these colors are not just painted on the surface. They’re baked into the material, ensuring that they remain vibrant and fresh for years.
James Hardie‘s ColorPlus® Technology ensures that your siding color is resistant to fading, chipping, and cracking. This means your home’s exterior will continue to impress, year after year, with minimal maintenance.
Why Choose Hardie Plank for Your Home
The decision to choose Hardie Plank extends beyond its appealing looks. It’s about investing in a siding material that delivers on the promise of durability, ease of maintenance, and longevity.
Hardie Plank outperforms its counterparts, like vinyl siding, in virtually every aspect. While vinyl might seem like a cheaper option, it often ends up costing homeowners in the long run. Vinyl siding is prone to warping and cracking in extreme weather conditions, and it can fade over time.
On the contrary, Hardie Plank maintains its shape and color for a significantly longer period, making it a cost-effective choice in the long run.
“One of the great advantages of Hardie Plank is its resistance to common issues that plague other siding materials. It’s immune to pests, doesn’t rot, and has a class A fire rating.”
Another reason to choose Hardie Plank is its contribution to increasing your home’s resale value. Its durability, aesthetic appeal, and low maintenance needs are all attractive selling points to potential buyers.
Moreover, at Silverline Exteriors, we’ve honed our skills and knowledge in Hardie Plank installation to provide you with professional service that guarantees your siding is installed to last.
Installing Hardie Plank
At Silverline Exteriors, we’re committed to delivering exceptional service to our clients, and that includes a meticulous and efficient installation process for Hardie Plank.
The installation of Hardie Plank is a process that requires skilled professionals. We begin with an initial consultation, where we assess your home and understand your specific needs and preferences. Once we’re clear on your vision, we proceed with the following steps:
- Removal of Old Siding: The old siding is carefully removed to avoid any damage to the structure of your home.
- Inspection and Repair: We thoroughly inspect the underlying wall for any damage. If required, repairs are made to ensure a stable base for the new siding.
- Installation of Moisture Barrier: To protect your home from water damage, a moisture barrier is installed on the exterior wall.
- Installation of Rainscreen: Rainscreen is an important detail for hardie plank siding isntallation. It keeps the siding dry and well ventilated.
- Installation of Hardie Plank: The Hardie Plank siding is cut to size and carefully installed. We ensure all boards are nicely staggered to create a natural appearance. We also install slip sheets at plank joints in accordance to James Hardie standards.
- Final Touches: The final step involves any touch-ups to the paint, and apply caulking around trim work.
Cost of Hardie Plank
When planning for home renovations, budget is often a critical factor. While Hardie Plank might come with a higher upfront cost compared to vinyl or wood siding, it’s important to consider the long-term value it brings.
The durability and low maintenance needs of Hardie Plank mean you will spend less on repairs and replacement over time. Additionally, Hardie Plank can increase the curb appeal and overall value of your home, making it a wise investment.
The cost of Hardie Plank jobs generally falls in the range of $10.00 to $15.00 per square foot. This price can vary depending on the specific style and the complexity of your job. While the investment for Hardie jobs is higher than other materials such as Vinyl siding, the durability and the value add from Hardie siding far outweighs the cost in the long run.
Why Choose Silverline Exteriors for Hardie Plank Installation?
When it comes to home renovations, trust and expertise are paramount. At Silverline Exteriors, we offer both. Our team comprises seasoned professionals, trained and experienced in Hardie Plank installations. Here’s why we are the right choice for your Hardie Plank project:
- Experience and Expertise: We bring years of experience and deep expertise in Hardie Plank installations to the table. Our team is well-versed in the unique characteristics of Hardie Plank and the best installation practices to ensure optimal performance.
- Quality Service: We take pride in the high level of service we provide. Our process is thorough and meticulous, from the initial consultation to the final installation.
- Customer Satisfaction: At the heart of our business is a commitment to customer satisfaction. We value our clients’ feedback and strive to meet their expectations at every stage of the project.
“Your home is an investment, and we treat it as such. We ensure our installation service reflects the premium quality of Hardie Plank siding, giving your home the finish it deserves.”
Investing in your home’s exterior is a decision that impacts not just the aesthetics of your home, but also its longevity, value, and overall performance. Hardie Plank, with its proven durability, wide range of customization options, and impressive cost-effectiveness, has emerged as an excellent choice for homeowners looking for a high-quality siding solution.
At Silverline Exteriors, we’ve mastered the art and science of Hardie Plank installation. With our expertise and commitment to quality, we can transform your home’s exterior into a durable, attractive, and low-maintenance facade that you can take pride in for years to come.
“Choosing Hardie Plank for your home’s siding is choosing peace of mind, superior performance, and timeless beauty.”
Are you ready to enhance your home’s exterior with Hardie Plank siding? Contact us at Silverline Exteriors today to schedule a consultation and embark on the journey to a better home exterior!
How Long Does Hardie Plank Last?
With proper installation and maintenance, Hardie Plank can last up to 50 years. It’s designed to withstand diverse weather conditions and resist problems such as rotting and termites.
Can Hardie Plank Be Painted?
While painting hardie plank siding is easy, it’s rarely necessary due to James Hardie’s ColorPlus® Technology, which provides vibrant, baked-in color that lasts years before needing a touch-up.
Does Hardie Plank Increase Home Value?
Absolutely! Hardie Plank enhances your home’s curb appeal, is durable and low-maintenance, all of which can significantly increase your home’s resale value.
Can Hardie Plank Be Painted?
Yes, Hardie Plank can be painted. However, with James Hardie’s ColorPlus® Technology, your siding’s vibrant, baked-in color will last years before needing a touch-up.